Senior ETL developer
Do you want to make an impact on Finland's most prominent media brands with your data skills? Transform the consumer data gathered from over 95% of the Finns into actionable business decisions with advanced analytics? Join us in the digital transformation of the media industry in a great team of ETL-developers, engineers, developers, data scientists, analysts, and Sanoma Media Finland's lively community of media professionals.
We are looking for a Senior ETL developer focusing on developing the data products and integrations on the Sanoma Media Finland's master data. The role will involve working with the business teams and analysts to gather the requirements, design, and model the data objects for the data products. Key business concepts to master in this position include data warehousing and online analytical processing, marketing automation, and B2C consumer data in an enterprise environment. Our work is data- and analytics-driven, directly affecting the profitability and revenue of Sanoma Media Finland.
For our master data, we have chosen the modern Cloud Data Platform approach. We are natively utilizing data lakes and data warehouses within the public clouds. We process our structured data primarily with ETL-tooling (SAS, Matillion) and big data processing using serverless technologies.
You will have a chance to collaborate with our consumer sales teams and on data related to Ruutu, Nelonen TV, Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat, Aamulehti, and dive deep into Data Platform development. In this role, a genuine interest in business understanding, teamwork, and communication is an advantage.
- Build and maintain ETL/ELT processes for data-based capabilities in the central Sanoma Media Finland Data Platform
- Model data, based on gathered business and technical needs for data storage and integrations (such as reporting, imports, exports, analytics)
- Design and implementation of Data Warehouses, Datamarts
- Work with analysts and business stakeholders to define requirements and validation of data objects, solutions
- Data lifecycle activities in the data pipelines (analysis and design, modeling, validation, data quality, cleaning, and reporting) and planning how to improve the operational efficiency
We're looking for a good team mate and team player ideally with following set of skills and experiences
- Sound practical data manipulation skills (SQL, with programming skills appreciated but not required), and a reasonable theoretical background
- Proficiency with ETL/ELT tools, such as Matillion or SAS product family (SAS DIS, LSF)
- Public Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) experience, is seen as a benefit
- Business acumen and focus on value
- Can-do attitude, good oral and written communication skills, project skills
- Higher education in the data-, software-, computer or another applicable field
Are you interested? Fill out and submit your application at the latest on 16th August 2020. Please note that we are reviewing and interviewing applicants already during the application period. For further information, please contact Niko Kotiniemi, technical service owner B2C, Data Capabilities, email: email@example.com, or by phone +358 40 650 1157 on 3rd to 5th August 2020.
Do you have Oikotie Profile?
You can use your existing Profile to help you fill the application form.